So far the responses to the naming contest for Julia and Kaleb's baby have been hilarious. If you haven't been reading the comments attached the original announcement of the contest, here is what people have been writing...
------------------
Julia said...
Kaleb is in favor of the name Kael, but I tell him I will not name a son after a vegetable.
------------------
Garlic Boy said...
Kael is a vegetable? I think you mean Kabbage. I like the original: "Kidney Bean." Janel and I used to use "Sea Monkey" for the pre-born chillens.
------------------
JBW said...
I think a contemporary kind of current events kind of name would be best. Maybe something from Hollywood? How about Shrek, Fiona, Don Key, Printzcharming, or Pussinboots?
-----------------
Toast Habit said...
I think it should be named the way that all the crazy people in Georgia name their kids... By combining names. For Example: Kulia or Juleb. We can go as far as Grandparents. Also, Luraleb, Julian, or Kalian. But I think it should be named after a plant just like Kaleb does. Cactus.
-----------------
Elden said...
I think a good name would be Sinquilla Rogers.
-----------------
Amanda said...
"T"
Amanda's daddy said...
"Like Mr. T?"
Amanda said...
"Yeah!"
----------------
All of your answers have been very entertaining! Keep those suggestions coming. Remember that these are just names for the baby in utero. Julia and Kaleb have only agreed to actually use the name we pick from the second contest, the one we'll hold after the gender is determined. I'm so excited.
When giving babies a temporary name while they're still in the womb I have traditionally had a preference for names that are somewhat descriptive of the young undeveloped fetus while still accentuating the cuteness of a wee tot. You know, like, Jelly Bean, Kidney Bean, Sea Monkey, etc. However, thinking of the wee little "Shrek" swimming around in Julia's belly caused me a "belly" laugh of my own. The baby and Shrek already have a lot in common. They are both a little cranky, they're both a funny color, and they don't want anyone else in their swamp. (This explains the morning sickness.)
We still haven't heard from the proud father, Dale, Janel, Mom, Mikey, or Carrie. I bet they've got some good names for the little swimmer.
2 comments:
Little swimmer, huh? Let's see...
Tadd Poel
Gupp E
Wee Otter (as in "wee otter think of a gooder name")
Lil Phishy
Whig (for Geo. Washington) Lur (for fama Warner)
Ducky Daddles
Little & cute, huh? Let's see...
Acorn
Bugzear
Buhtinoz
Kitten Mittens
Beez Neez
Awww, who wrote this? It's adorable!
Post a Comment