Finals week has descended upon the law school like the Nazgul in The Return of the King. Poor little Hobbit-students are getting picked off one-by-one as I write. Or maybe we're more like Unicorns than Hobbits. And let's use a metaphor instead of a simile. Yes, finals week is he-who-must-not-be-named from the second Harry Potter movie. The students are beautiful Unicorns, whose blood will make you live forever--but he who partakes leads a cursed life. Law professors are reveling in the misery around them like the emperor in Return of the Jedi as he forced Luke to watch his friends fall into the emperor's trap from the giant bay window on the Death Star. And yesterday I was like Luke, lying on the ground, my body sizzling from the emperor's Jedi cooking electric rays, when just when I least expected it--DARTH VADER himself intervened and killed the emperor! I bolted from the exam room, leaving Darth Vader to die alone, dodged the attacks of the Nazgul, and jumped into my truck. I made it through the first day of finals.
(Don't worry, I won't let the spell checker change Nazgul to Nozzle.)
No comments:
Post a Comment